Wilmington, Delaware Botox ?>
Botox® Cosmetic Injections
Botox® is a protein called Clostridium botulinum (“Botox” is short for “botulinum toxin A”). It is injected beneath the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and make the patient look more youthful. Botulinum is a neurotoxic substance, but used in a controlled medical environment, Botox® injections are quite safe. Its neurotoxic qualities mean that it blocks the uncontrollable tightening of muscles, making for a smoother facial appearance.
Botox® Treatments in Wilmington, Delaware
Botox® has many uses. It can be used for these purposes:
- To fight the cosmetic effects of aging, notably skin wrinkling
- For control of neck and back pain (being studied)
- To correct overactive underarm perspiration
- To counteract certain effects of cerebral palsy and other conditions that involve muscle spasms
Juve Surgical in Wilmington, DE focuses on the cosmetic applications of Botox®. We use Botox® for wrinkles, allowing patients to achieve a more youthful appearance without cosmetic surgery.
Botox® Treatment Areas
Botox® treatments can be performed on many areas of the body to improve their appearance:
- Lips: Botox® is sometimes used to counteract “lip lines.” Your cosmetic surgeon will tell you if Botox® might help with signs of aging around your lips.
- Neck: Cosmetically, your surgeon may use Botox® to eliminate the signs of age, particularly “banding,” that our neck skin shows with time. Also, patients with chronic neck pain may find that Botox® helps with muscle spasms that contribute to their discomfort. Contact your doctor for more information. Juve Surgical in Delaware performs Botox® only for cosmetic purposes, not for pain management.
- Face: In the eyebrow and forehead area, for instance, Botox® reduces the common wrinkling effect of age. Many patients seek Botox® for wrinkles of the face.
Cost of Botox® Injections in Wilmington, Delaware
One of the first questions we often hear is, how much does Botox® cost? Wilmington,DE patients should be aware that the price of Botox® can vary due to several factors, and should contact Juve Surgical in Wilmington, Delaware to discuss the specific treatment you’re seeking. Then, an accurate estimate of price will be easier to make.
How Long Does Botox® Last?
After treatment, a Botox® patient typically sees results immediately or within a week. After that, the results will last three to six months; if patients are happy with the results and desire to continue with treatment, they can then do so.
Botox® Before and After
The results of Botox® treatment are often striking: around one week after the injection, the patient typically sees smoother skin with fewer, lighter wrinkles.
The recovery period for Botox® treatment is very brief, lasting only minutes, and patients can typically resume their daily routines right away. Patients should wait a day before doing any vigorous exercise.
As with any cosmetic procedure, side effects are possible. However, the risk of these is lessened when a licensed, experienced practitioner — typically, a cosmetic surgeon — performs the procedure.
Get Botox® in Wilmington, Delaware Now!
If you’re in Wilmington, DE and you are interested in Botox® treatment, please contact Juve Surgical. We would love to welcome you for a free consultation.
Nearby Locations We Serve
- Wilmington, DE
- Newark, DE
- Bear, DE
- Dover, DE
- Middletown, DE
- Seaford, DE
- Philadelphia, PA
- Chester, PA
- West Chester, PA
- Elkton, MD
- Aberdeen, MD
- Woodbury, NJ
- Pennsville, NJ